Getting Started is Easy!
Ok, so you have your streaming media device and you’re ready to plug it in and start exploring the wonderful world of Ultimate TV. Great!
Let’s get started with six simple steps…
Firstly, the setup for your Amazon Fire Stick and Fire Box are identical (with the exception that you can use an ethernet direct connection to your router rather than the HDMI direct TV plugin), which if possible, is a recommended choice for speed and reliability.
Tip: Learn the functions of your Amazon Fire TV remote below. Read the detailed Amazon User Guide Here.
Watch a step-by-step short video on setting up your Amazon Fire TV, or follow the instructions below.
Step 1… Unboxing
Unpack all of the contents from the Amazon box and remove the plastic wrap protection where applicable. This included:
- The fire stick (or box)
- A/C power wall adapter
- USB/power cord
Learning the Fire TV Remote Control Functions…
Read the detailed Amazon User Guide Here
Step 2… Connecting to TV
- Plug the USB end of the cord into the A/C power wall adapter
- Plug the other end of the cord into the Fire TV stick (or box)
- Plug the Fire TV stick into an available HDMI port on your TV (or if it’s an Amazon Fire TV Box, plug that HDMI cable in the HDMI TV port).
Step 3… Switching TV to HDMI
To view your Amazon Fire TV, you must set your TV input to the correct HDMI source. Many TV’s are different but most follow the same process.
- Note which HDMI port you plugged your TV into. They should be clearly labeled HDMI 1, 2, 3, 4 etc.
- With your TV set remote control, select Input (or source) and and either pitch your menu button, arrow down or source button (remotes differ) until you have highlighted the correct HDMI port.
- You should see the Amazon Home screen when you have the correct port select.
Tip: If you do not see Amazon Home, make sure all cables are connected firmly. If that still doesn’t work, try to plug into another available HDMI port, select that source input.
***Trouble connecting to your TV’s HDMI? Consult your TV instructions manual.
Step 4… Connecting to Wifi
Now that you are connected to your Amazon TV and able to view it, it’s time to connect it to the Internet via your Wifi network. Note: You must have a good high-speed internet connection for your Amazon TV to work properly.
- Using the navigation arrow keys on that remote, go to Network Settings.
- Using the arrow keys, scroll to the correct wifi network and push the center select button.
***Trouble connecting your Fire TV with your Wifi? Get help here.
Step 5… Registering with Amazon
Register (or) Deregister Your Amazon Fire TV
- Register your device to make sure you have access to the latest software, features, and functionality that power Amazon Fire TV. Registration issues can often be caused by incorrect passwords. If you are receiving a password error or if you’ve forgotten your password, you can request a personalized “password reset” link. Forgot Your Password?
- Registration connects your device to your Amazon account so you can access and manage your content. It also makes sure your device has access to the latest software and features available for Amazon Fire TV.
As part of first-time setup, you see on-screen instructions on how to register your device by entering your Amazon account information. You may also be prompted to enter a code on the Amazon website as an added verification step.
Tip: If you purchased your device from the Amazon website, it should be automatically registered to the Amazon account you used to place your order. When your device arrives, you can verify that it’s registered to you by selecting Settings > My Account from the Fire TV menu.
***Trouble registering your Fire TV with Amazon? Get help here.
Step 6… Opening your Streaming Apps
Now that you’ve successfully connected your Amazon TV, it’s time to start enjoying the wonderful world of Unlimited TV. The first time you connect, you will have to take a couple of simple steps to get them on your Amazon Home screen.
- On your Amazon remote, click Home. This is your Home screen where you open all streaming apps, manage your settings, etc.
- One the top of the Home screen, scroll right to the last option which is Settings.
- Once Settings is highlighted (in orange), scroll down and then scroll right to select Applications and press select.
- Scroll down that list and select Manage Installed Applications.
- Scroll to Kodi and press select.
- Press Launch Application which should be the first choice.
- Repeat these steps for each streaming application such as Terrarium, Mobdro, etc.
Tip 1: If you get any type of notification popup, just hit your back button on the remote (the left arrow key).
Have an Amazon Prime account? Make sure to get the most out of all the free entertainment they include such as movies, music and photos.
Amazon Home Screen…
Look for these streaming app logo’s on the Home Screen…